Scam

A blog for friends across the States... because regular email doesn't seem to always work! :)

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

And we thought Naomi was bad...

Just kidding, she actually is really terrible at her job and socializing in general. [insert part where bertie feels bad for her]

Anyway, why am I up at this goddamned hour?! [insert part where bertie complains that 9 am is not early, especially when you have to go into your dad's office]

To the point [since i'm not high right now, but god, how i wish i was...] I'm on duty this week, and I got a page at 8:20 am.

The funny thing is, the phone should have been unforwarded at 8. Normally, i could let this slide [even though i didn't go to bed until half 4], but after I received the page, I went down to the desk and asked Jon [annoying business major who knows "everything" about Foster and conferences and has a nasty speech impediment] if he unforwarded the phone. And he said, "yes." Lied blindy to my face. How fucking incompetent. Let's add this to the list of reasons why I hate him.

I would like to go back to bed now, but it's too goddamned sunny to sleep. Tiny violin, anyone?

3 Comments:

  • At May 18, 2004 at 1:15 PM, Blogger Bird said…

    No comment...



    ... except to say this (and if you thought that I was really going to sit in silence with "no comment"-- take the penalty!):

    Welcome to res life, Jason! This, my friend, is just the beginning. 5 hours sleep?!!! Oh, friend-- watch out-- that is going to be lookin' like a GOOD amount in the weeks to come. And to finally learn the irritation that is the frackin' pager-- ah, sweet justice. Wait until you start to forget it; Pete will flip out on you.

    And, on that note, seriously, once and for all-- Pete(r), you need to resolve this identity crisis of yours. I have been trying out "pete", as of late, but I am not going to try to make it stick unless I *know* it is what you want to be called... no "eh"s to this: make a choice. You seem to be waffling back and forth-- your signature is "pete", but you introduce yourself as "Peter". Who are you?!! And where did you go to high school?

    I promise to call you by your preferred name (e.g., Peter, Big Pete, Pete, Petinns, Bubbins, whatever...), but you have to let me know. Ambiguity is for nonpersons, Pete(r). Decide, friend, please decide.

    Adios (that means "good bye", Jason),
    Bird

     
  • At May 18, 2004 at 1:21 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    1. Dr. Pete is a nickname i attained at a party
    2. if you think i care weather it is peter of pete take the penalty
    3. i introduce myself as peter b/c my name is peter and people can decide what they want to shorten it to
    4. it is not going to give me a freaking anurism either way
    5. chito is spanish jive for cool (those of us who learned spanish from people who actually speak it may differ from those more learned)
    6. qual es piscado del dia

     
  • At May 18, 2004 at 1:25 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    7. if you went to the depart[mental(y re!@#$%^)] awards last night... take the penalty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home