Scam

A blog for friends across the States... because regular email doesn't seem to always work! :)

Friday, July 30, 2004

By the by

Randomly--

I think my new hair is kind of indy (not "Indy" with a capital "I"!)... I have dark, almost black streaks in it now and it is VERY layered... and the bangs are kind of thick and chunky. 

Jean, I think I could really pull off an indy makeover this time!  Darker eye make-up, the right thrift store clothes, a pair of appropriately urban tenny-pumps (but not "Urban", with a capital "U", because shopping there is so urbane, right Jason?!), a "don't talk to me, I am deep and thinking" attitude, and I think I could go to one of those indy shows and be believable!  I think the pineapple colored hair was the problem... this new hair might be the trick!!

Ohmygoodness, am I tired of having to buy new clothes to match my latest hair dilemanade.  First, I needed crazy clothes to match the wildness- and volume!- of the perm (and, friends, please note that the May issue of Elle contains a three page article about how the wave is TOTALLY in... I was just too cutting edge, it seems!  Ahead of the "curve"!  --> I'm funny today!).  Then, I needed to sport more subdued clothes and colors to down play the pineappleness of the doo.  Now, I only wearing skirts because my hair is SO blessed short (a good two inches shorter than it was over the 4th), that I don't want to be confused for a boy... again (oh, sadness!).  Wonder what next month's cut will hold for me fashion-wise?!!! :)

I guess our hair really is our most important accessory...

... or not important at all.  I can't believe I just rambled for FOUR paragraphs about my hair!!  What the hell is my problem?!!  Yes, I am DEFINETELY procrastinating my work....

... but, on that note, I better sign off!  

Love,
Bird

ps   Don't forget to say "Rabbit, rabbit" first thing when you wake on Sunday so that you will have good luck all month! :) 

3 Comments:

  • At July 30, 2004 at 10:46 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    i just hope those bangs aren't too debbieish(i have found people in indy-hole to make fun of her)
    and as long as jean is here... w(here)tf were you tonight; don't play dumb, i am in the loop

     
  • At August 4, 2004 at 5:19 PM, Blogger Jace Mace said…

    INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE!

    bird, if the scene kids ever found out that you can't even spell it correctly, they would totally take you off their Live Journal friends lists and avoid you at shows.

     
  • At August 5, 2004 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Bird said…

    That's okay-- I heard the emo kinds like Dashboard Confessionals, so I can always go and hang with them! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home